Monday, February 21, 2005

sOB!!

My friend and I are in the process of launching a local ICAN chapter here, and she told her doula. Her doula then contacted me about a pregnancy fair/expo that she is putting together in May and all but begged us to participate! Should be very, very cool, and I'm really excited about the possibility of helping educate more women in our area about the choices and the power they have. In the course of our conversation, I told her about my experiences with Dr. Evil. I explained to her how he told me, toward the very end of my pregnancy, how if I didn't like how he did things I should go find someone else. She asked who he was, and I told her his name. She said knowingly, "Oooh, yeah..." and proceeded to tell me how many women find, as I did, how he's a wonderful GYN, but in terms of L&D, he thinks he's God. She said, when one of her clients questioned him about something he was about to do, he told her - a first time mother - that he had 'delivered more babies than she had' and knew what he was doing! It gave me chills! It was almost word-for-word what he told me. She said he "knows EVERYTHING", so he believes. I have to say, I am in part relieved and in part enraged. Relieved that he didn't single me out when he said that. But moreso enraged for myself and every other woman he has had and will have the nerve to say that to. I was angry in the first place that he said it to me, but knowing that he has used these "I am almighty" BS on other women... I am beside myself with fury!! Next move: file a complaint with the board of medicine. Maybe it won't accomplish much of anything, but he'll at least get a breeze of the rage I'm feeling towards him. I'll say this about the impact he's had on my life... I'm not about to let anyone kick me around like that anymore... If I could find a way to have his license revoked for practicing obstetrics, I would! GRRR HERE ME ROAR, DR. EVIL!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home