Friday, October 14, 2005

Somebody PLEASE, Stick a Fork in Me

I am SO done! I am ready to have this baby. As far as I can see, the sooner she comes, the sooner I can lay on my back, the sooner I can think about getting some sleep (I know that actually won’t be for a while anyway but nonetheless the sooner she comes the sooner we get past that point)… Ok baby, any time now. I’ve already gotten clearance from my Illegal MW to have her – she was full term (37 wks) about 1.5 weeks ago. I’m feeling like she’s coming early; though I’m not holding my breath because I said that all throughout my pregnancy with BabyGirl. (Should I start calling her LittleGirl now?) All I know is I’m sick of being pregnant. Oh sure, I’ll miss the kicking and that wonderful feeling of life growing and being nurtured inside me. But I’m freaking exhausted now and I’m tired of waiting around. Let’s get this party started. I did have some full-throttle nesting neurosis this week. I cleaned the kitchen, including being on my hands and knees to scrub the floor, and then the next day I cleaned the bathroom. I’m ticked off at MyBeloved though, because last night was garbage night and he did not change the kitty litter nor sweep the bathroom floor, so I cannot mop in there yet. I don’t think he realizes that his life is at stake ;-) And then, our toilet is broken – not in a non-functional way, just in a pain-in-the-butt-needs-a-$3-piece-to-flush-it-properly way and so all my stuff that sits on top of the toilet is in the hall and I can’t put it away until he gets the part. I would get it myself and could probably even fix it, but alas, I have neither car nor cash with which to go to the hardware store. And he’s not really going to be around to do anything about it until maybe Sunday. So until then all my hair styling and makeup stuff that I rarely use anyway is sitting in a massive pile on the floor so we can reach into the toilet tank and pull the little chain. I am definitely feeling crankier than usual. Of course, it didn’t help that last night I was up until 2am trying to get MyBeloved to settle down after an apparently disturbing rescue call (he is a volunteer fire fighter). If I weren’t so close to babytime, I would have made him tell me all about it so that he wouldn’t have to bottle it in, but especially based on the reaction he had, I could tell it was pretty gruesome and I felt it best to protect my mindset. All I know is that he said it was far worse than the last time he was genuinely disturbed by an accident scene, and in that case, an elderly man was a victim of a hit-and-run and they called the fire department to hose down the street of some of the poor gentleman’s…er… remains. That one shook MB for days. So I spent the wee hours trying to distract him – talking to him about other stuff and making him turn the TV on to watch Sex in the City reruns. Fortunately, by the time the show was over he was snoring, but then was up :45 min later for another emergency call. Poor thing :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home