Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Results Are In!

I had my first ultrasound today! I realize there is some controversy about the use of u/s and the necessity of it all, but truthfully (and selfishly), I really enjoy it as a luxury. So, I’m willing to do it, but mainly for my own indulgences. I don’t intend on having many more though. Probably just the routine 18 week one. We did get to see Jr. Wiggleworm today – though my baby wasn’t wiggling much at all. However, there was a very obvious heartbeat going pretty well in the baby’s chest and he or she seems to be forming very well. It was so beautiful. I had a few tears. It all of the sudden became so much more real! I think I’ve been slightly in denial about this pregnancy… mainly because my intuition was telling me I was but my home pregnancy tests were telling me I wasn’t. So when that last test came back positive a month ago, it was a little shocking. I’ve been saying all along that I thought I would be due around Halloween. Of course, when I told the OB’s office that, they all gave me the hairy eyeball, as if I don’t know my own body. I always had to "prove it" by telling them about the two previous pregnancy tests. Anyway, the point here is that, guess what? I’m due right around Halloween! Go figure. My "official" due date is October 26th. This is my official decree that only I get to have the final say about what happens to my baby and my body. My opinion and intuition are the only ones that truly matter. Which leads me to the point where I’m pretty sure I’m leaving this practice. They just aren’t very friendly, and I showed up on time and nobody even acknowledged my presence until the US tech came out and called for me. And then we saw the OB in the hallway, and though she did say hi, she either didn’t realize she didn’t know us or didn’t bother to introduce herself. Nice, personal attention :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home